This year's theme for the ALA is "Let's Get Goofy In The Stacks," and the city's police force is gearing up for the real possibility that the librarians will get a bit too goofy in and around the city. As stated in the article above, the ALA is known for their "raucous and disorderly meetings" (other articles about past ALA conventions can be found HERE).
The ALA will offer many break-out sessions for the librarians. Some of the more popular sessions are the following:
* There Ain't No Party Like A Discard Party
* Non-Friction Customer Service
* Barcode Numbers vs. Running A Tab: Know The Difference
* Let's Spend Some Time In The Bindery
* My Research Brought Me To You
* Li-Berry Daiquiris & How To Mix Other Library-Themed Libations
* Libraries Are The Real Magic Kingdom
Also, many of the librarians will be field-testing "DateDue," a new dating app being developed exclusively for librarians. Information about "DateDue" is HERE.
More of our coverage about the 2016 ALA conference can be found HERE.