Now that we're in the heart of pumpkin spice season, I've been writing about pumpkin spice and sharing poems about pumpkin spice by Emmett Lee Dickinson (Emily Dickinson's third cousin, twice removed -- at her request). You can ready my posts HERE, HERE and HERE.
Today, I thought I would share EIGHT FACTS about pumpkin spice that most people might not know:
1. After her popularity began to eclipse the other members of the group, Pumpkin Spice was replaced by the Spice Gils with Scary Spice.
2. Some of Donald Trump’s facial make up is called Pumpkin Spice.
3. The pumpkin spice patch (at the left) is the third most prescribed addiction patch, behind NicoDerm’s extended release nicotine patch and Transderm Scōp’s prescription patch, Nachonix, used for adults to help reduce cravings for Dorito’s nacho-flavored chips, including Jacked 3D Bacon Cheddar Ranch chips, Jacked Spicy Street Taco chips, and Dinamita Fiery Habenero chips.
4. Emmett Lee Dickinson (Emily Dickinson’s third cousin, twice removed – at her request) is the only poet to have written poems about pumpkin spice.
5. Lady Gaga, who sponsors the Lady Gaga Pro-Am Bowling Tournament every January at the Babes & Balls Bowling Lanes on Dickinson Boulevard in historic Washerst, PA (the birthplace of Emmett Lee Dickinson), owns an orange cat named Pumpkin Spice.
7. Only a handful of products with pumpkin spice have failed, including Oscar Mayer’s pumpkin spice bologna, Titleist’s Pro V1x golf balls with pumpkin spice, and Brach’s pumpkin spice black licorice.
8. In the 1980s, Cottonelle introduced a two-ply toilet tissue with pumpkin spice, but it was discontinued a few months later when it was found to cause an inflammation and discoloration of the skin called pumpkin rash.