By Emmett Lee Dickinson:
Because he could not stop the Virus –
The Virus stopped for him –
The Carnage brought on by himself –
And pure Absurdity.
He slowly moved – He knew no haste
For he had put away
His labor and his rallies too,
For Incivility –
We closed the Schools, sent
A Recess – with no Food –
We closed the Shops and Cafés too –
We sat in Solitude –
Steadily – Time passed by –
The Days now Quarantine and Chill –
For only Netflix, my Pal –
My Diet – is Surreal –
We gasped as all the ERs saw
A Swelling of the Crowd –
Their Masks were scarcely visible –
Their Service – was Profound –
Since then – ’tis Daily now – we get
A Briefing of the Day
They’ve televised the Horse’s Ass
And his Insanity –
By Emily Dickinson:
Because I could not stop for Death –
He kindly stopped for me –
The Carriage held but just Ourselves –
We slowly drove – He knew no haste
And I had put away
My labor and my leisure too,
For His Civility –
We passed the School, where
At Recess – in the Ring –
We passed the Fields of Gazing Grain –
We passed the Setting Sun –
Or rather – He passed Us –
The Dews drew quivering and Chill –
For only Gossamer, my Gown –
My Tippet – only Tulle –
We paused before a House that seemed
A Swelling of the Ground –
The Roof was scarcely visible –
The Cornice – in the Ground –
Since then – 'tis Centuries – and yet
Feels shorter than the Day
I first surmised the Horses' Heads
Were toward Eternity –
A Few Notes from Donald Trump:
* The corona virus, this is there new hoax.
* We have it totally under control. It's going to be just fine.
* Just stay calm. It will go away.
* Some of the doctors say it will wash through, it will flow through.
* I like the numbers being where they are. I don't need to have the numbers double because of one ship that wasn't our fault .
* It's just one person coming in from China.
* One day, it's like a miracle. It will disappear.
* The virus will miraculously go away.
* By April, during the month of April, the heat generally kills this kind of virus, so that would be a good thing
* When we have 15 people and within a couple of days it will be close to zero.
* We really think we've done a great job in keeping it down to a minimum.
* This is a very contagious -- this is a very contagious virus. It's incredible. But it's something that we have tremendous control of.
* We're very close to a vaccine.
* You take a solid flu vaccine --you don’t think that would have an impact or much of an impact on corona?
* I don’t think it’s inevitable. It probably will. It possibly will. It could be at a very small level, or it could be at a larger level. Whatever happens, we’re totally prepared.
* This is a flu. This is like a flu.
* I didn’t know people died from the flu.
* I think the 3.4 percent (death rate) is really a false number. Now, this is just my hunch, and — but based on a lot of conversations with a lot of people that do this.
* Anybody that wants a test can get a test.
* This blindsided the world. And I think we've handled it very, very well.
* And taking early intense action, we have seen dramatically fewer cases of the virus in the United States than are now present in Europe.
* This is the most aggressive and comprehensive effort to confront a foreign virus in modern history.
* We have a problem that a month ago nobody ever thought about.
* I felt it was a pandemic long before it was called a pandemic.
* I don't believe you need 40,000 or 30,000 ventilators.
* I think we're doing very well. But, you know, it's a two-way street. They (governors) have to treat us well, also. They can't say, "Oh gee, we should get this, we should get that."
* The federal government is not supposed to be out there buying vast amounts of items and then shipping. You know, we're not a shipping clerk.
* I would love to have the country opened up and just raring to go by Easter.
* Easter is a very special day for me. So I think Easter Sunday you'll have packed churches all over our country—I think it will be a beautiful time. And it's just about the timeline that I think is right.
* I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it.
* I don't take responsibility at all.
* I alone can fix things.