National Candy Corn Day was established on October 30th by Emmett Lee Dickinson (Emily Dickinson’s third cousin, twice removed – at her request), the inventor of candy corn. For information about National Candy Corn Day, click HERE.
This year the festivities will be even more special because the Food Network just released the results from a recent survey on America’s favorite foods, and guess what landed in the top spot? Yep, candy corn!
The network surveyed thousands of food critics, restaurant owners, chefs, and gourmands about their favorite fare, and they will broadcast their special “America’s Favorite Foods” on October 30th at 8:00 p.m. The top ten choices are listed below.
1. Candy Corn (Invented by Emmett Lee Dickinson)
2. Nachos (FIrst developed by Emily Dickinson as "Cajun Nachos")
3. Corn Chowder (also invented by Emmett Lee Dickinson)
4. Glutton-free Tortillas
5. Fried Eggs
6. Girl Scout Thin Mint Cookies
7. Stuffed-crust Pizza
8. Any Type of Nugget (chicken, crab, cheeseburger, corn, etc.)
9. Twizzlers (Strawberry)