The telephone at the offices of the Dickinson Organization of Poetry Enthusiasts has been ringing off the hook. The press is trying to find out if Jim Asher, the world’s leading authority on Emmett Lee Dickinson (Emily Dickinson’s third cousin, twice removed – at her request), is President Trump’s imaginary friend, “Jim.”
The answer is no.
Jim is not imaginary. He is very real. He is not fake.
Let’s look at the facts:
1. Jim is a very substantial guy.
2. Trump has also called Jim “a high quality person.”
3. Jim has been to Paris* many times – to discuss the construction of Euro-Dickinson, the European-themed Emmett Lee Dickinson Museum (above the Same-Day Cleaners & Laundromat).
4. Jim has not been to Paris recently.
5. Jim has a spokesperson named John Baron, and he has met w/Trump’s publicist John Miller.
The press has called into question as to whether Jim even exists. I can state unequivocally that Jim exists.
A poem by Jim Asher:
I’m Jim! Who are you?
Are you Jim, too?
Then there’s a pair of us – don’t tell!
They’d say one of us was imaginary, you know.
How dreary to be imaginary!
How fake, like a phantom
To tell your name the livelong day
And never go to Paris!
Above: A possible site for Euro-Dickinson Museum, above the All Day Cleaners & Laundromat.