Happy National Poetry Month!
Originally, we were to be in Washington, DC, today; however, due to a health issue of one of our travellers, we have postponed our trip until June 2019, the International Month of the Haiku. Info about the re-scheduling of our trip to DC is HERE.
While in DC we were going to pass out copies of Great American Poems -- REPOEMED and When They Go Low, We Go Haiku. Also, we were going to present to representatives of Congress the details of our proposed Poetic New Deal for America.
Since we can't be in DC in person, we figured that we could still present our Poetic New Deal here -- so without further ado, a drum roll please.
Here are the main points of our Poetic New Deal for America:
Guaranteeing “rhyme and reason” over “crime and treason” to all people of the United States, the Dickinson Organization of Poetry Enthusiasts offers a Poetic New Deal for America...
* Providing all people of the United States with – (i) high-quality poetry; (ii) affordable, acceptable and abundant poetry books; (iii) metaphorical security and satisfaction; and (iv) access to different, dissimilar, and diverse books of poetry.
* Meeting 100 percent of the demand for poetry in the United States through book stores, online book sales, poetry conferences, and poetry slams.
* Providing a complete infrastructure of elements of poetry in the United States, including rhythm, rhyme, imagery, and figurative devices.
* Providing a complete foundation of forms of poetry to all people of the United States, including odes, sonnets, ballads, epic poems, haiku, limericks, and free verse poems.
* Spurring massive creation and production of poetry in the United States including diverse types of poetry, parody, rhapsody and verse.
* Working collaboratively with poets, bards, versifiers, lyricists, and rhymsters in the United States to grow and sustain a love for poetry across the country.
Why the need for a Poetic New Deal?
The Great Dismal Trump Swamp is now swampier than the swampiest swamp. The criminals are in charge, and the filthy rich are getting filthier. From Obama to Trump we have gone from class to crass, from civility to hostility, and integrity to vulgarity. It is time for Poetic Justice.
Join us in supporting this Poetic New Deal.
Write or read a poem today.